How Many>?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by suprman9019er, Mar 13, 2005.

1. suprman9019er

suprman9019er LawnSite Member

How many people out there run their business with just 21"s, and if so how many accounts do you have?

2. JFGLN

JFGLN LawnSite Senior Member

2 21" Honda commercial mowers, 48 accounts

3. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I doubt there are many, if any people who are FULL TIME with only 21" mowers.

4. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

i have been using 2 exmark 21's to mow 54 accounts but this year i got a turf tracer hp 36 i just got it yesterday

5. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Do a search for "justmowit"..Tj and his brother have all 21's I believe, and service 2000 +/- weekly accounts. It can be done in the right markets.

6. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I'm sorry but there is no way you can do 2000+ accounts with 21" mowers, unless they have 10 crews of 4 people all with their own mowers. That is really hard to belive. Save up and buy a 36" whatever or a 48". I had to mow a property that was about 1 1/2 acres with a push mower, due to my 48" in the shop and it took me about 2 hrs. :dizzy: :cool2:

7. coonman

coonman LawnSite Senior Member

Three Toro Prolines 21's. Two of us do about 100 accounts.

8. hillndale

hillndale LawnSite Member
    from Maine

Many years ago I worked for an outfit that hired mostly college kids. About a dozen guys, 2 crews (often 10, due to daily sick call in's). They ran all 21 Snapper Baggers (not self propelled). I cant tell ya how many props their were, but many were big residential in posh neighborhoods.

We would hit a property like a frickin swat team, the boss would call out which setting to mow on--2 or 3 etc. We'd fire um up & go like *ell.

The boss (2 young guys) would have you practically running with the mowers. He would have a bunch of extra bags. You would start off on a prop with an extra bag resting over the handle. When it was full you'd drop it, put on the new bag and a "runner" would dump the full bags and keep you equipped with extras. Everyone hated the big steep hill at one place, but you had 3 guys on it and a couple out front. The boss got everyone addicted to "mountain dews". That was the "treat"! Needless to say it was one S.O.B.

These guys had a heck of a good business--well known & respected

hillndale

sorta proved the longevity of Snapper though, at least back then

9. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Well, thats kind of how he works it. And i dont think the man has to "save up" for a 36" mower.