HOW mouch to aerate and seed

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by shade tree landscaping, Mar 22, 2007.

1. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering what you guys would charge to aerate and seed an entire yard, aprox 3/4 of an acre. just wondering what the rate is from others thanks guys

http://www.shadetree-landscaping.com

2. undercutters l&d

undercutters l&d LawnSite Member

in nashville:
    chemlawn chrges 40 bucks per thousand sq ft. they drop to 35 and 30 towards the end of the fall.

i do it for 25 to 30. depending on the area and the sq footage. rememebr to buy decent seed. for the time and work involved... i make more profit on a&s than anything else. so i allways use the best seed i can find.

3. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

how many thousand sq feet are in 3/4 of an acre? I bid $575 for it including seed? Do you tihnk it was over, under, or rite in the ballpark? It is an afluant area, close to a million dollar house. so my question is, was it an over bid, or a correct bid for an aeration of 3/4 of an acre plus seed? Any help would bemuch appreaciated! Thanks guys!

http://www.shadetree-landscaping.com

4. undercutters l&d

undercutters l&d LawnSite Member

43k and change in an acre. so im guessin ur doing around 30k sq ft. thats 900bucks. 3 bags of seed = 240. i woulda taken home around 600 after gas and maintanence... no biggy. this price is for my area though. prices vary depending on the number of dirty ******** an area has thats lowballin everyone else.

as far as time.... i would be using a thirty inch walk behind aerator. to do 30k sq ft would take me roughly 2 - 3 hours depending on the obstacles and the shape of the lot. then 20 minutes to spread. ur still making around 75 bucks an hour if u factor in loading and unloading the trailer and drive time.

if that is what u think it is worth... then its a good bid. but u could get more. buy a measuring wheel at home crappo. they cost $15 if i remember correctly. measure the lot and charge accordingly.