1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much 2-cycle mix do you use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by AmsoilPower, Mar 27, 2008.

1. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

I am curious to know how much (gallons) of 2-cycle mix you use in a year and how much your 2-cycle oil costs you per gallon. I am asking to see if Amsoil synthetic can save you some money per year. Check the following math below for cost savings.

One 8oz bottle of Amsoil Saber 2-cycle costs $2.80 (commercial acct. price)
    One case of twelve 8oz. bottles costs $31.80 ($2.65 ea) commercial price

Each 8oz bottle mixed w/ 5gal fuel = 80:1 ratio (best recommended ratio)

12 bottles X 5gal per bottle = 60 gal of mixed fuel

$31.80 + $8.10 shipping = $39.90 total (tax not included)

$39.90 / 60 gal = $.67/gallon mixed synthetic 2-cycle fuel delivered to your doorstep.

Keep in mind, these prices are based on a commercial account. Commercial accounts are free and there are no inventory requirements. Email or PM for more details or questions.
  2. kleankutslawn

kleankutslawn LawnSite Bronze Member

DOLMARatOS LawnSite Member

You are right in the ball-park with that price. Anything under $0.70 per mixed gallon oil cost is good. Under $0.60 a mixed gallon is excellent. Especially given the performance of Amsoil products.

I sell another brand of high performance 2-cycle oil that falls in line with Amsoil. And I have sold Amsoil also. I can guarantee that equipment will run better, longer and with less carboning with Amsoil than with regualr 50:1 or the el-cheapo oil. Plus if you buy in quantity, it costs less than the Wal-Fart stuff. Win - Win situation.

My 3 biggest accounts go through roughly 100-130 gallons of 2-mix a season based on their 2-oil purchasing over the last 3 years. These are key accounts with 3-5 crews and and all their hand-held equipment is 2-cycle.
  4. Danielslawnservice

Danielslawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

I mix it 50:1 never had a problem
  5. J&J Customs

J&J Customs LawnSite Member

i pay 88 cents per bottle of 50:1
  6. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

I can Get 48 Echo Power Blend Bottles for $36 much cheaper!!.75Cents a bottle
  7. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

We use Amsoil and think we run through about a case and a half or two of qt bottles a year.
  8. AmsoilPower

AmsoilPower LawnSite Senior Member

How much does each bottle yield of mixed fuel?
  9. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Quit trying to make these people do math... :D

I run through about 35 gallons per year, 13 oz in 5 gallons

I run 80:1. 100:1 and it wants to burn up the engines, honestly.

Just too hot to run trimmers and chainsaws wide open when it's 90+ out.
  10. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

I buy the echo power blend 2 stroke oil. I get it for $.90 a bottle so its 90 cents a gallon. I might be paying a bit more then what the amsoil would run me but I don't go through as much as some others. Last year, I used 24 gallons of mix.