1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much $ a 2 men crew bring daily

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zima, Dec 8, 2007.

1. zima

zima LawnSite Member

How much $ a 2 men crew whit plenty experience in lawn maintenace can bring a day working 10 hs on residential homes prices form $35 to $40 equip. includes 48 scag hidro,36 exmark hidro 2 21 toro comercial mowers sthil blowers and trimmers
  2. Dave_005

Dave_005 LawnSite Senior Member

What size are the yards ? most yards where i'm at a 2 man crew can easily do 4 residential lawns per hr, i have a $30 min so thats $120 per hr. so it depends on how big the lawns are in your area.
  3. Pro-Turf  LLC

Pro-Turf LLC LawnSite Member

yup 2 man cew should bring in 120 an hour which would be 1200 for a 10 hour day which is about 30 lawns
  4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

simple...it all depends on how tight the route is.
  5. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

just figure your route and drive time...figure you can probably do 3 per hour on average. so figure $35.00 per mow thats $105.00 per hour then figure on average you will probably get 8 hours of work time ...breaks lunch gassing up you know. but still your looking a grossing $840.00 per day thats pretty good... keep us posted and let us now if it worked out.
  6. zima

zima LawnSite Member

This is the dilema i have a friend that want to go business in a partnership 50-50 we both have experience on maintenance, we have the equipment,we have the same work ethics,he knows how to design a landscape install but he do not know irrigation and i do so we are thinking in building and grow a Landscape design and Installation Irrigation installation and Maintenance and eventually have 2 trucks on the road, we both work for big companies before he was a landscaper and i was a irrigator. So we have 2 months to decide if we will take it to the next level or not
  7. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

Im not so sure the partnership route is the way to go but good luck!
  8. grapeford

grapeford LawnSite Member

30 lawns a day is a lot. We run 2 Walkers for 8-10 hours and can max out @ around 22-24 if the route is tight.

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

30 might be alot if there's alot of driving .I have 2 three man crews doing average 35 houses a day but the biggest travel day is total 35 miles for the whole day.
  10. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

In my area there were 2 companies grossing more than $1000/day/rig (residential) most guys would be lucky to hit 800.