1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How Much am I Worth?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by greasemonkey, Jan 12, 2002.

1. greasemonkey

greasemonkey LawnSite Member

I realize that you guys haven't ever met me, and living expenses differ around the country, but if you could give me a ballpark idea I'd appreciate it.

I have 5 years of service and installation experience including 2 years of experience as a foreman (75% residential 25% commercial).

My electrical and valve toubleshooting skills are top notch.

I have experience with wire trackers.

I have a good knowledge of the codes pertaining to irrigation systems in the area in which I work.

My plumbing is straight, leak free, and fast.

I have experience opperating Case Maxi-Sneakers, Dithwitch 410sx's as well as most landscaping and snow removal equipment.

I understand friction loss, water velocity, pipe sizing, wire sizing, matched precipitation rates and most other design concepts.

I have a class A CDL with air brake and double trailer endorsements

I am computer literate

I have a turfgrass pesticide applicator's licence

I am far from fluent in spanish, but I can effectively communicate to my workers information about pipe size, nozzle types, head types and wire types.

$12 / hour w/o benefits seems more than a little low to me :-(

2. G.Williams

G.Williams LawnSite Member

I would say on the low side about $40000.00/year with a major outfit plus benefits and 401 k. IMHO
  3. HBFOXJr

HBFOXJr LawnSite Bronze Member

Call me or email me.
  4. greasemonkey

greasemonkey LawnSite Member

Check your private messages

5. wanna move to where the sun shines 325 days a year....you're worth more than that here, for sure.