how much an s185 cost

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by travis strecker, Nov 1, 2004.

1. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

how much does an s185 cost with a cab heat,air conditioning also can u get joy stick controls in a s185

2. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

I think each dealer will be different, but here in Roanoke, VA, the S185 with the options you listed would go for about 28k (actually higher, but they give a "dealer discount" of about 10%). As far as the joystick controls, my understanding is that they only offer them currently in the S"2" series...(S205, 220 and 250 models).

3. Tigerotor77W

Tigerotor77W LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Germany

Wow, 28k is quite a bit... I know our dealer had a special in April for about $20,000 or so...

And I do believe pawnshop is correct; selectable joystick controls are only available on larger models. HOWEVER -- you CAN get hand controls on the S185.

4. thepawnshop

thepawnshop LawnSite Senior Member

Xing, keep in mind...he asked about air which adds about 2k to the base price. I did just go through the shopping process and the S185 was in consideration (just without air...)

5. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

Duh... ooops. :goes back to hibernation:

6. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $27k for a S185 cab heat no AC. Yes joystick controls are an option on the S185

7. Tigerotor77W

from Germany

ksland, just wanted to verify, the joysticks you are referring to: does the left one control the drive system (all drive functions) or just the left side drive?

8. travis strecker

travis strecker LawnSite Member

will an s185 pickup a pallet full of pavers and haul a pallet of sod around and will it do landcaping or should i go to a bigger machine

9. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

How much does a pallet full of pavers or a pallet of sod weight? I was unloading 2,220# pallets of crushed rubber from a semi-trailer with my 773T (same as S185). These were large bags with loops on the top of the bag. I would then stick my forks through the loops, lift the bag about 4 feet off the ground and slit the bag while backing up to spread it. Worked great. Did not notice any tipping even when the load was up high.

I do have the optional counter-weight on the rear door also, suppose to raise the ROC to 1950#. ROC of wheeled skidsteers is 50% of tipping weight. You will notice the rear end getting "light" and the front tires getting spongy with heavier loads before you reach the tipping weight. I have tried to lift large pieces of concrete (??????#) and just had the back of the machine come off the ground. 2,200# is the heaviest load with a known weight which I have picked up. Have picked up heavier, but were unknown weights.

10. TerraFirma Excavating

TerraFirma Excavating LawnSite Member

BTW, I purchased a 2001 Bobcat 773T new for $28K. It was the loaded 500K anniversary model. Airconditioning, heated cab, power Bobtach, super float tires, selectable hand or foot controls, deluxe instumentation, 74 lo-pro buckets, and pallet forks.

This was a few years ago, so prices could have only gone up. Especially since the price of steel has skyrocketed.