How much are the lawn striping kits made by Hustler??

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Lawn Boy, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Lawn Boy

Lawn Boy LawnSite Member

I was just wondering some prices on the striping kits that hustler makes if they make any, which im pretty sure that they do.
    Whats the difference in a true lawn striping roller and a striper that you make yourself, what works bettter?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

All of our current striping kits have a MSRP of $99.00
    There are benefits to all the different types of striping kits, roller VS rubber flap VS chains.. each have there applications.
    Some reasons we use a rubber flap are; cost (less expensive for you), ease of installation, flexibility (hitting things and curbs and such) and the main reason, we can not mount a roller to the back of our decks (not enough room in the design) now this may change in the future, but currently this is what we have.
    Hope this helps.

Pj

3. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

the hustler striping kit is sweet. makes lawns look really nice an dark strips!!! all my customers like the effects of it..

4. NoWalk4Me

NoWalk4Me LawnSite Member

Where does this stripe kit mount on the Super Z. I run a BacVac and I am curious of the location of the striper in relation to my Vac. Can they both be used at the same time? I've been using a Big League Roller but while loading/unloading from the trailer or starting up a steep slope the new bumper that comes w/ the Vac will hit two of the roller wheels causing them to stop and skid, tearing two turf strips....not good! Looking for another option.

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The stripe kit mounts on the back part of the frame, you can use your Bac-Vac and stripe kit at the same time.
    Take a look on the forum here with a search, I believe there are a few pics of them installed.

Pj