how much are you charging for aerating a lawn?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mr-ed3rd, Mar 20, 2008.

1. mr-ed3rd

mr-ed3rd LawnSite Member

i was just wondering what most people are charging for aerating a lawn and dethatching a lawn. are you charging by the square footage or by the hour? I am planning on using my walker mower for the big areas with the thatching attachment and the power thatcher for the small areas. any good feedback will be very helpful. i am in my second year of actually doing this as a side business and just want to be charging what is fair both for the customer and for myself not to be doing it for free.
  2. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

Bid Difference Between The Two Thatching Needs To Be Cleaned Up Which Take A Long Time Plugging A Lawn Takes A Little Longer Than A Cut After You Plug It Overseed I Thatch In The Fall Plug And Overseed Early Spring. Thatch Charge By The Hour Plug Charge Double What You Would Get For A Lawncut. Add Dump Fee As Well.
  3. Brown's LC & L

Brown's LC & L LawnSite Member

To thatch, clean up, removal, aerate and seed and fert the price is .06 to .08 cents per sq. ft. Not having this reference, I charged about .03 cents per sq. ft. to do all that on my first one I did on my own, they happily accepted by bid. I originally just added materials, equipment rental and a labor estimate. I was way under, it's a lot of work.