1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much are you getting for decorative stones?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by andyslawncare, Mar 6, 2010.

1. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I'm talking about labor rates per cubic yard of: pea gravel, egg rock, 1-2'' river rocks, small crimson red rock, medium crimson red rock, and georgia slate, or other similar stones.

I generally get $25-30/yard for mulches in labor/mark up; but stones suck :drinkup:and are really heavy! I don't have many people ask for it, but have already had 2 people this week ask for prices. The farthest point from drop site is 100' and closest is 25' so I don't know if I should charge too much, but already sold 7,000 in sod, so maybe he'll pay??

IDK maybe 50-55/yard + marked up material + delivery by me??

2. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

We get charged by the ton so therefore that is what we charge. IF I recall 103" delware river rock was running us around 32 a ton. We charged about 80 per ton installed.

FYI, we use our tracked dingo to move the stone around. Moving that stuff by barrow isn't fun!

3. glaciator

glaciator LawnSite Member

Depending on the site, I charge about $80/ton in labor to deliver and install plus the cost of the rock which varies depending on type. I bundle that price in with the weed barrier, so for example 2-4" cobble installed over professional grade weed barrier is $149.00/ton. This includes the installation of weed barrier and delivery and installation of the rock. 2-4" cobble is more than 1 1/2" river rock. Price comes down to 139 for 1 1/2" rock.

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

As stated above it all depends.

We have about 15 different styles of landscape rock available to use and they all range anywhere from 60/ton, to 120/ton. I mark up after that and then charge hourly to put it down.

Last year I did about 30 tons of landscape rock for different customers.

5. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

we take the cost per yard add $ to make it retail...then charge $100 per yad labor which includes delivery
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ryde307

ryde307 LawnSite Senior Member

Just labor which I think your asking we charge 60-80 per yard to install. We then charge retail for rock, charge for fabric, and charge for delivery.