how much are you paying for mulch

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Guzzo856, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 LawnSite Senior Member

Here i am getting it for $26 a yard, it seems too expensive. I know of a place i can get it for 20 but its 40 min away

2. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

5 minutes away $20 per yard and 20 minutes away $18 per yard. It really comes down to where the job is and the first place will haul for $35 if less than 5 miles.

3. silverwoolley

silverwoolley LawnSite Member

I know I can get it cheaper by the yard but my customers keep asking for the $5/bag color safe stuff that stays black for a year from lowes/hd.

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I pay $20 a yard for double shredded brown and $25 a yard for double shredded black mulch. I used to drive to a place about 25 mins away that sold brown for $18 and black for $20 a yard but with diesel being as expensive as it is now I just buy local.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ncknaklawns

ncknaklawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

Black was $30 here and Red $34 Brown is $23.
    Hopefully its good again like last here. Found a piece of animal skin in a load 2 years ago- whewee that reaked.

6. kirkmbrown2001

kirkmbrown2001 LawnSite Senior Member

HAHAHA:laugh:

I pay 27 for black tripple shredded here

7. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

We used to get 20 yards of free mulch from our local garden center if you placed and order of supplies in their open house from $5,000 to $10,000 now for some reason they changed it to top soil :cry::cry::cry:

8. Baytownlawncare

Baytownlawncare LawnSite Member

Wow, you guys have it cheap. I priced a mulch job a few weeks ago and lost the bid due to the price of the mulch. I called two yards one right by the client and one right by my home. Both were about the same 28-32 range depending what you wanted. I can't remember the exact cost for the different types. I though it was expensive also. I quoted her $500 to put down almost 7 yards. She said no way. Her poor flowerbeds are in such bad shape. I mow her yard and it makes me look bad because she does not want to have them done.

9. betterlawnsandlandscaping

betterlawnsandlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

30-32 depending on color & type

10. Barrett Landscaping

Barrett Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

500 for 7 yards is in line for where i am from at least. $80/yard and mulch costs me 17.75 for double hardwood and 18.75 for tripple if bought in bulk with a landscapers discount which all on here should be using. paying anything over 24 a yard is ludicrus.