1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much are you paying for paver base (aka gravel)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by kootoomootoo, Aug 26, 2007.

1. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Lets call it paver base for arguments sake because every area calls it something different but here its 57 crusher run or 411's but delivered I pay $17 ton.
  2. Drew Gemma

Drew Gemma LawnSite Bronze Member

11 a ton deliv another 30 a trip
  3. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

11 a ton plus 70 for the tri axle to deliver.
  4. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

We call it crusher run around 8.00 ton 57's 10.00 per ton and tri-axle from quarry on 22 ton is around 75.00 delivery.
  5. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

6. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

3/4" minus RCA $5.00 yd.
  7. copeblk

copeblk LawnSite Member

crusher run (crushed limestone,3/4 minus) is 7.50/ton, not sure price w/ delivery
  8. neversatisfiedj

neversatisfiedj LawnSite Bronze Member

I am paying way more than you folks. I use Aggtrans and I am paying 30.00/ton by the time I pay milage and fuel charges. I pay 13.00/ton for the material but then they add in all other kinds of chrages depending on delivery location and I am paying an average of 30.00/ton. Anyone in MD have a cheaper alternative company to use. Like I said I use Aggtrans.
  9. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

So in perspective it seem you east coast guys are paying less for material and turning higher profits than us Ohio guys. Koot, who do you get your stone from?
  10. Humble Earth Mover

Humble Earth Mover LawnSite Member

2A Modified - $6 a ton from local quarry / between $70-$150 a triaxle load for delivery! Can't beat it!