How much $$$ are you still owed????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jpocket, Dec 23, 2006.

1. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I just figured up how much $$ in past due accounts I have. Im still owed $2500+. Which i consider OKAY, compared to what we were owed in October (over $5,000).

How many of you are still owed a sustantial amount of money. I know I willl be able to collect atleast 90% of it. Hopefully 100%, but we all know how that goes.

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I have no accounts - everything is individual 1 hour to couple week projects; most are partial days to a few days.

For the about 3000 projects done since 1988, there hasn't been a single "no-pay".

Everybody has paid.

Every dollar has come our way, although, I have had tips as large as $150.

So we recieved more than what was due.

3. Scagguy

Scagguy LawnSite Bronze Member

Less than $200 over 30 days late. I'm fortunate to have good customers. I weeded out the few customers that I constantly had to call for my money.

4. chuck bow

chuck bow LawnSite Senior Member

was around 1800.00 past due but after the last week it is down to 306.00 and one account is 270.00 of it and i know i will get it as thats where my wife works i always get it from them they are just a little slow !!

5. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I'm owed just over 2 grand. One is for three cuts back in october, WTF.

6. parkeeee

parkeeee LawnSite Member

All accounts are paid in full. Everything is put away and ready for next season.

7. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

I'm owed a few G's, but am not worried about it. Told the people to pay me after the holidays. There is only about $200 which I am anticipating problems on.

8. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I'm just curious, why so lenient? Not being a smart butt, i'm just wondering what you get out of letting people slide when they pay you? Does this then become a habit with them thinking that it is ok for them to pay you whenever?

9. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

I still have about $250 of unpaid invoices. They are people who have always paid well and I will be contacting them after Christmas to find out why they haven't paid.

10. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

3k here, it's always the same i don't care who you are there is always late payers.