How much bad information can be given by "PROFESSIONAL" lawn care services?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Sep 11, 2002.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

This year takes the cake. I have been flooded with calls for lawn renovations and have hardly had time to post. Woke Monday and by noon had 23 voice mails. I have given quotes on all lawns interestesd and I must say this is the year of the quacks!

Visited a lawn yesterday, steep hill, dead crabgrass, huge trenches where the lawn had washed out. After talking to the customer I found out what happened. A "professional" lawn applicator advised them to kill all the crabgrass with round-up because there was no other way to get rid of it. He told them then it would be ok to aerate and seed and it would be fine.

They followed the directions and luckly I placed a flyer, they called about the soil blowing and/or aeravation since the other guy did not offer the services. Needless to say, thanks to the "professional" advise they now have a dead lawn and horrable soil erosion.

Funny thing is I drove thru the other part of the neighborhood and saw that several lawns were sprayed with round-up just to kill crabgrass...a little Drive 75 and there lawns would still look fairly normal. What a year.

2. Brickman

Brickman LawnSite Bronze Member

This "PRO" must have been a SCRUB.

3. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

pest control guys are treating crabgrass with round up here I just gave my father in law my last bit of asulox stuff worked great and is no longer produced the drive75 is not good for st aug

4. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

a little ,how to knowledge,can be a terribly destructive thing. been guilty myself.dont do it until u know a plan, thats proven to work. then do it rite.
    then sometimes the rest is up to farmers luck,or what ever u want to call it.

5. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

About 281,000 posts worth -LOL!!!

6. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

Hey Kris..where ya been?

7. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: