How much buisness do you get from your web site?

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by SunState Lawn Care inc, May 21, 2009.

1. SunState Lawn Care inc

SunState Lawn Care inc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Jax, FL

Do you think it is worth it having a web site ? I am going to have one built and was wondering if y'all get very much buisness from your sites?

Thanks

2. turfplusutah

turfplusutah LawnSite Member

I get around 20 people a day from my area to come, and anywhere from 1 to 5 of those to sign up each day, so I think it does a good job of passive sales for me. I definitely think it has been worth it.

3. mikey.hill

mikey.hill LawnSite Member

Best form of marketing there is. Seems expensive but in a relatively short time you will see results. Make sure and list your website on your business card or promo materials. Also adwords is a beneficial way to drive traffic to your site. Just research the keywords your using first.

4. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

More of my younger customers call me due to the Web, the printed media gives me less for my money every coming year,
    years ago I'd get a call for every dollar spent but now every year I keep spending more, and more on print...
    So much I could have bought two brand new lawn mowers with that money.

The Web isn't cheap either, but it's improving and maybe I am wrong but I think it is well worth the investment.

Last edited: May 30, 2009
  5. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

I think it's worth having a website even if you don't get any new work from it.

Did you ever see a drawing or painting called something like "No Mail" ??

An old man walking away from a mailbox toward his old house.

May have been no mail that day. May be that the old man only got 2 letters all year, and faithfully went to the mailbox every day. Anyhow, he has a mailbox. That's the way I look at a website sometimes. Just keep one there. Don't even have to check it. But like a box for someone who may want to send a letter someday, the site is there in case someone goes looking for you on the internet using your name alone.

6. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

i get calls all the time. more than any other

7. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

8. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

Cool...

You are like our son then in some ways. He does websites and is raising money for a few new things too.

He's got www.clearersolutions.com

So he also does a home service too. At least it's flexible.

9. SECTLANDSCAPING

SECTLANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

Both arent that hard if you take the time to learn. Designing websites, marketing and seo has prepared me for most business task.

landscaping companies in my area are a dime a dozen but only a few have websites. Its a slight advantage, makes me look more professional as a young guy. It never hurts to have another form of promotion.

Things are slow, I started in June. So I'm planning to advertise heavy to catch a few fall jobs.

10. MiguelTX

MiguelTX LawnSite Member

This is the BEST advice, IMHO. I have a friend that owns his own business (not LCO related) and he hired a designer and got something up on the web. That was it, nothing else was done on his part. After about 2-3 months he started complaining that his website isn't bringing in any calls/customers.

Is his website URL on his biz card? Nope! He talks to small groups a couple of times/month so... does he have a handout with a summary of his services and website URL? Nope. He hasn't done any direct mail, adwords, or anything.

Thanks to all the "big" companies, consumers are getting used to finding companies on the web. It's almost become 2nd nature and even the older folks are tapping into the net.