How much business does a lettered truck/trailer generate?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by newbomb, Jan 29, 2005.

1. newbomb

newbomb LawnSite Senior Member

I read a post here earlier today asking about the cost of lettering a vehicle and/or trailer. I don't currently have a lettered vehicle of any kind. I am curious from guys who do: How many leads does your lettered vehicle or trailer generate?

2. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

I'm not sure how much business it does generate. For us, it's more about name recognition, that's why we have both of our trucks lettered.

3. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't know if my truck lettering has ever generated a call. And its nice .

4. Springmeadows

Springmeadows LawnSite Senior Member

I have had my truck and trailer lettered over a year ago. I don't think I have ever had a call saying they saw my truck somewhere. I kinda wonder why I did it.

5. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Have you guys ever asked if they got your number from the trailer?? I have been using magnetics for the past couple of years and have recieved several calls from those...I know that because I have asked them where they heard of me.

I am hoping the enclosed trailer being lettered will only generate more business for this year!

6. Southern Roots

Southern Roots LawnSite Member

This is how I look at marketing. Even if you get one job or contract off of Truck lettering, door hangers...... what ever it is that one job will pay back your advertising money. I have recently got a really large job from having my truck label.

7. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

Yep...that one job was a sixty dollar per service account. I paid sixty nine dollars for the magnetics.....you do the math.....LOL

8. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

it adds to your professionalism.

we picked up several new commercial accounts this year.
    one was from a property manager who we do other work for.
    another was a cold call about pool service only. I inquired about the possibility of landscape service.

we were alot higher than the other two companies that gave bids, but the condo (28 units randing from $550K to $950K) association felt we were a more professional company, and were more comfortable that we could provide the seervice they want.

the board president told me that he did not want anybody on the property with crappy equipment, and trucks leaking in thier parking lot.

the preception of professionalism allows you to charge more for your work without being questioned as much about it.

9. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

It cost me about $600 bucks to letter my trailer. I'am a small lawn & tree service, 80% of calls generated by the lettering is for tree work.

10. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I got a call from my sign on my truck. Only problem was it was from a woman on her cell that was calling because she said I pulled out in front of her. I told her that she better go back and check on that motorcycle rider who came out behind me cause she probably ran him over....LOL. It was a blind curve, and people regularly go in excess of 50 mph and this is a 35 mph zone.