How much can one man profit?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lawn guy 300, Sep 28, 2010.

1. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

What did it cost you for your chemical license? I want to do it next year.

2. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

We typically net 30-35% on mow and blows....35-45% on full services....we do a whole lot of both....I personall like the mow and blows due to a lot less training and aggrevation....but you still want to capitalize on both markets.

3. Chilehead

Chilehead LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Stockbridge, GA

Here, our General Standards and Class 24 will cost you $90.00 for testing and another $90.00 for the license. A Commercial Applicator's License only "permits" you to spray. I could spray for another company as an employee, but can't spray for my own company--that is, for profit. For that, one needs a Commercial Contractor's License which is yet another $90.00. I also recall that study materials were around $60.00.

4. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Just taking a moment of your time - we have a great start up special on our innovative Door Hanger Band-It Stick-It product that keeps your ad on the door and out of the yard. The Stick-It feature even allows them to bring your ad inside and hang it on the fridge like they would a magnet - but without the cost!

5,000 only $349
    2,500 only $199
    1,000 only $99
    FULL COLOR PRINTING, GROUND UPS SHIPPING & RUSH PROCESSING INCLUDED! - 4.25" x 11" - full color front, blank back, gloss cover stock

Search lawnsite for AdeasPrinting and see what other lawnsite readers have posted about how great our products have worked for their business. TELL CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU READ ABOUT US ON A LAWNSITE FORUM & RECEIVE FREE CUSTOM DESIGN!!

www.AdeasPrinting.com
    866 - 778-4254
    stickit@adeasprinting.com

5. JohnnyRocker

JohnnyRocker LawnSite Senior Member

If he is a newbie...50 is way too much, I know these guys all think they can go buy a commercial mower and it's easy sailing. Trimming and edging fast, etc....We were all there once, and I know I am MUCH more efficient than when I was an employee years ago.

6. Fairviewlandscape

Fairviewlandscape LawnSite Member

Those are 2 very good books. You should also read Five Important Things by Jim Paluch. He has 3-5 books, that are easy reads, but very en lighting.

Just to clarify, are the laws up to 1/4 acre, or is the entire property a1/4 acre. If the property is that size, the lawn areas will be a less after taking out house drive etc.

Good Luck.

7. lawn guy 300

lawn guy 300 LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device