How much can this truck pull?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by stuvecorp, Oct 24, 2012.

1. david bailey

david bailey LawnSite Member

ooops
    I will keep trying

2. david bailey

david bailey LawnSite Member

BHP staphanian 082

try this

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

no go, try photobucket

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Keep trying David, we want to see your ride. :drinkup:

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

There are 2 ways too post pics. You can upload them to the lawnsite server or link them from an outside host like photo bucket.

There is a manage attachemnts yellow bar that is below the box you type in when posting messages. Click on it and another window will appear and you can upload your pic from your pc.

Or click on the little picture icon above and copy and past the url from where the photo is hosted. Cannot be hosted on your computer.

6. Hollowellreid

Hollowellreid LawnSite Senior Member

I too was looking at the low pro/444e trucks. The DT466 is leaps and bounds ahead in my book. All of our smaller trucks are automatics but I seem to like the manual in the medium duty units.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

My single axle is a DT 530 and thats slow when loaded. The 444 would be out of the running for me.

8. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Even as a low pro, day to day, move the skid, get a couple yards of sand or rca truck? We all know to really haul heavy you need a heavy truck
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mxridernorth

mxridernorth LawnSite Senior Member

The 444 is basically the 7.3 powerstroke. I couldn't imagine trying to haul around the weight of that truck, plus trailer, plus 7 ton excavator with a 7.3. But you do live in an area with minimal hills so you may feel it's okay. You won't be getting many speeding ticket that's for sure.

10. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

I would try and find a 33K with an L-10 or M-11 with a 9 speed or maybe an auto if you can find one. More is almost always better, especially in this case.