how much can you pay used 48''bobcat belt drive 15 HP

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by guven, May 15, 2006.

1. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I have used bobcat 48'' 15 HP mower with Kohler engine on it. I was wondering how much the value.The Kohler engine is better than kawasaki, I do not know the age, and no hour meter on it. runs good, there is no problem .I bought from ebay $720 and drove 200 miles to take it. you guys think I pay a lot or if I try to sell it I can get $1000
    please some advice
    thanks

2. guven

guven LawnSite Member

How much can I get if I try to sell it?

3. PMLAWN

PMLAWN LawnSite Gold Member

I will give you $720. Can you deliver?

4. guven

guven LawnSite Member

thanks for the offer but I want $1000 and if you are close to me about 40miles I can deliver to you. there is nothing wrong with the mower.

5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Does it have an electric PTO clutch? Is it a 5 speed trans or a variable speed set-up? How far are you from phila or trenton? I may be interested!

6. scagwildcat

scagwildcat LawnSite Senior Member
    from nw. ct.

not to be a smart azz, but if you need to get 1k for it, why are you asking whats it worth? think of it this way, a new belt drive is about $2500 to 3k.
    i had a bob cat a few years ago, i paid $450. IN MINT CONDITION!!! i also see alot of older scags go for the same price around 500.

7. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I am in Netcong NJ. I think I am closer to Trenton.Fhill is far away from me.it is variable speed set up.I do not know clutch.deck is good, everything is good.it is belt drive.
    thanks

8. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Seems to be a bit older than what I was thinking of. If it is mint condition, you should not have much problem getting 1k for it.

9. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I do not want to be smart azzz , because the mower cost me appraximately $1000. I paid $200 for winter storage and I changed the Command Recoil.it cost me 45 bucks.

I really do not know value of the mower .Here I saw 36'' bobcat looks like a crap they are asking $900. there is nothing wrong with the mower. thanks

10. guven

guven LawnSite Member

I do not know the age , But I was thinking 5 or 6 years old. if I buy a trailer I will use it because I have one yard it is almost 2 acres.I want to use it for .thanks again