how much carrier are you spraying?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by grassmasterswilson, Feb 14, 2008.

1. grassmasterswilson

grassmasterswilson LawnSite Platinum Member
    from nc

Hey guys, I'm fixing to start round 1 with pre-emergent at 1 pound per acre. How much carrier (water) are you spraying per acre? at 30 psi I'm doing 5.5 gallons per acre and at 40 psi 6.75 gallons. Just curious if that was in line with you guys or not.

Do you guys use surffactant with everything including pre?

2. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

That is low volume. Do you mean a wettable powder pre-emergent? What pre-emergent? What equipment? Hand can? Permagreen? skid sprayer? Backpack? Boom Sprayer? Bell Jet Ranger?

I use pre-emergent as granular. Liquids go down at 110 gallons/ acre.

3. grassmasterswilson

from nc

using a z-spray with prodiamine 65g.

4. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean you are dissolving 1.15 pounds in each 5.5 gallons of water?

Do you have adequate agitation? Recirculating flow--right? You may need a paint stir paddle in a power drill.

And you do not intend to allow the mixture to sit overnight or over a weekend--right?

Then I am not qualified to answer because I have a Permagreen Ultra not a Z-Spray.

Go easy on the surfactant if any because --speaking for myself I have had excess foam problems.

5. olive123

olive123 LawnSite Senior Member

you may want to double check that.

6. grassmasterswilson

from nc

I rechecked my math. I sprayed 1 gallon on about 1270 sqft so that would put me at around 33 gallons/acre. I am on a z-spray ride on machine. I should be ok correct? thanks for your help.