How much could I sell these honda residentials for?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by EagleLandscape, Jun 4, 2004.

1. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

I've got one less than a year old honda harmony II with the swivel front casters in perfect condition, and another harmony 216 thats about 1.5 years old.

They all run great. How much do you think I could get for them? These are the ones I started out with, and I know no-one on here would want them, although they stripe perfectly. They are belt driven.

But where could I sell these at? eBay? or I guess a garage sale?

I guess I could get 200 bucks for both, maybe 300 if I got lucky?

2. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

I was discussing this with a lawn care buddy of mine. he thinks that a 21" mower that runs good with a bagger is worth about a hundred bucks. Self propelled models, depending on condition, are worth more.
    Stick to your guns, if they are well maintained, and self propelled you should be able to get a couple of hundred bucks apeice.
  3. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Take them into a shop and trade both for something you want. Over here, Hondas hold there value pretty well if there in good condition. Home owners love them! Here anyway!
  4. asyracus

asyracus LawnSite Member

Why are you getting rid of them?

It sounds like the mowers are in good condition, and the name brand is desireable. Here in VA, we have a weekly publication (the trading post) where we can put in ads for items for sale. I would ask at least $100 each (maybe even more) for each of them. They're well worth it, and you'll probably sell them quickly to a homeowner.
  5. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I've seen them go for over $200 on ebay.
  6. Rick Jones

Rick Jones LawnSite Senior Member
    from NY

You will probably get the most from either eBay or a classified ad in your local paper. If you do go the eBay route you will get the most $$ if you are willing to ship them. Although if you live in or around a major city, you might not have to ship them to get top dollar.

Are these machines equipped with BBC? If so, you can probably get $300 each, but if they are the more common zone start models then you might only get 100-150 each. I sold one w/ Hydro Drive and BBC last year and got about $350.

I guess you don't get much use out of these once you got a ProLine 21". They are the best. The Hondas are overrated IMHO.
  7. mathproshs

mathproshs LawnSite Member

What are you looking to get?
  8. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

i think 200-250 is about par for those machines. I would go to your shop first and see what you can get for them, then do ebay. Start with a 150.00 reserve and you should hit between 200 and 250 by auctions end.