How much could you get in your area?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WisconsinMower, Mar 8, 2005.

1. WisconsinMower

WisconsinMower LawnSite Member

I am bidding on a church that is 3.65 acres. They are asking for proof on 1 mil. for insurance so the 12 year old kids should be out on this bid. The front and back of the lot are flat and open with just over two acres combined. On on side of the church there is a 3/4 acre parcel that is 76' wide but a 6' deep ditch in it with a manhole in the bottom for water runoff. The ditch is about 470' long. Not to steep though and shouldn't be a problem mowing with a ztr. Around the church their is about 15 to 20 minutes worth of pushmowing with two curbs to jump in the parking lot. This is a new church and the few trees that they have are small. I am going to bid $155 a mowing. What would this go for in your area?

2. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

It depends on the area you are bidding on. If someone in FL comes in here and says I would bid $X for it, it is going to be too low. If another guy from NJ comes in and says I would bid $X, it is going to be too high (from what I read on here that the NJ & FL guys get)

3. Bob-Cat#1

Bob-Cat#1 LawnSite Member

I could get $199.95 for that easily... Don't underestimate your professionalism. You're worth the money! You don't want to leave any money on the table. Remember it's not the church paying the bill, you're taking it straight from the collection plate. So what's the preist care what you charge. It's not his money, right? Remember the rules of commerce, you are the professional and people are willing to pay for your services. Those rules go all the way back to the caveman days when there were spear makers, and then there were spear throwers. You know the old story... payup

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Wouldn't touch it for under 3 bills. Period

5. WisconsinMower

WisconsinMower LawnSite Member

I don' t undestand why you can't just answer the question? I wanted to know what you could get for this property in your area. I know that the price would be different in other parts of the country.

6. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

I'll answer. Do my own church. Takes little over 3 hrs and get $185/cut.

7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

I didn't finish reading the post. I thought it was another "what would you bid" post. $155 sound about right.

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Cause he doesn't know and probably has never done one since he is a kid that only turned 15 a few months ago..

Given the big of a ditch I'm with Rod on this one at about $300 cause I think you might end up with a lot more push mowing and trimming in that ditch than you think.

9. Lawn Specialties

Lawn Specialties LawnSite Member

I cut a church that sounds pretty close. I get 160 a cut and it takes around 4 hrs with a 52"wb.

10. Garth

Garth LawnSite Senior Member

I could get $400 or higher in Glendora or Pasadena for it but here in Fontana, $250-300 would be what I bid. Of course here in Fontana, we have 12 year olds with three kids and an ol' man in prison.