How much $ did U lose this year?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ol'time Lawncare, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Ol'time Lawncare

Ol'time Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I read all the time how the customer didn't pay, most operators work with contracts. some don't, it really depends on were you live in the USA! so my question is , How much money do u think you lost this year with dead beats! I my self lost only 45 bucks , thats it. the lil old lady who didnt pay, witch was 20 bucks, and the other was a gutter clean up, i started the job and the home ower wanted to help and it started a fight ,she was 85! i did a BG and drove away! first time 4 everything. so 45 is my magic number . whats yours?

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Not a dime

3. brinlee lawn

brinlee lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I only got stiffed for 30 bucks this year, they guy moved out in the middle of the night, no body seems to know where he is.

4. grshppr

grshppr LawnSite Senior Member

I had about $900 form two customers that I didn't think I'd see, this was still from June, but since we are slow right now, I have time to get annoying and keep on their cases, and yesterday got both checks. Other than some of the money that is still due from November I don't think Ill be out anything. :cool2:

5. Mico Landscaping design

Mico Landscaping design LawnSite Member

Big Zero dollars!

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

More than I care to share...but then, I made more than I care to share as well :D

7. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

not a nickle, and more importantly, i charged top $$$ for my work, and got interest and late fees for collection efforts. THAT'S the way professionals do it. now, if i was as rich as rodfather, i wouldn't give a crap about a few grand.

8. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

So far $65 I am writing off as never expecting to see.

But great news from last year's deadbeat who owed us $315. Even better than getting the check, drove by their house this week, to see the lawn piled high with all their possesions! I know it is probably not good to celebrate someone elses bad fortune, but karma is a b----! :blob3:

Sorry, just brought a nice smile to our face to see it. One of those priceless moments! Wouldn't be celebrating if the guy hadn't been such a ... well, you get the point.

Contracts helped out a lot this year, but more so was just lucky to pick up great customers.

9. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

$0.00 I have great customers!!! payup

10. Precision

Precision LawnSite Silver Member

one client is looking like $130. Other than that $20 that a client shorted me by accident but she gave me a $50 holiday tip, so I am calling it even.

Any way no biggie on +/- $75k in billings