How much did ya "Donalson air filter" cost ?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pinnacle, Nov 27, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

I'am just intrested to know what you's paid for your Donaldson filtters.

Thank you!!!

2. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Around $20 each mate.

3. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

G'Day Ole Mate!

I put one on my Toro Z 6 months ago, about $53 off memory....worth the investment!

Catcha!

Tony

4. pinnacle

I ordered a Donaldson filtter setup for a GD Chariot, 25 Kohler (Side mount) and they want $840.00 for it (the whole Donaldson setup).

Are you guys just talking about the element on its own??

Thanks!

5. Tonyr

Oh, sorry Alex, yeah I meant the the cyclone part, the clear plastic catcher with alluminium cap, my toro came with the full set up with the crap accesory they put on them nowadays, they stop no dust! The big filter is about 80 bucks, dust catcher 53 bucks, inner ultra fine filter 200 bucks?, leaving the filter container and hoses....

Wouldn't hurt to call another supplier, or even donalson direct, they match the filter type to your engine type, that's how i did it.

What type of filtration does g.d have now?

You can just put the cyclone part on the hose without replacing the original filter system...

Tony.

6. pinnacle

G'day Tony,
    When I ordered It they said around $500 - $600 and I said Ok. Now they have got it in finally they are saying "oh they charged us $840 for it so we will give it to you at cost"
    Thats a little hows it goin I reacon.

Mabey It's more pricey cause It's made for the side mount Kohler??

7. Tonyr

Hmmm, I didn't think of that.....

I was thinking that being your rig is a mid mount, the air cleaner would be high up behind your seat, probably sitting directly on top of the airfilter canister....I pictured a hose coming from the canister connecting the air cleaner, then you would undo the hose clamp remove the cap thing that is there and just attact the donalson and clamp up the hose clamp...

That's how my toro was done.

A hustler would be the same off memory, that's why I immediatly thought G.D would be the same...

My guess is you are keeping the G.D , but to get your money back you would want to run it for a few years to profit from the savings on filter replacement.

For your own piece of mind, wouldn't hurt to get another price even though you have ordered this one, just in case...sounds a bit expensive, but I do realise some of these things are surprisingly pricey, but a plastic filter essembly?

What brand filtration has your G.D got on it now?

Are you replacing the canister, 1 paper filter, 1 wool filter, and air cleaner atachment?

Repco sell donalson gear.

Let me know how you go,

Tony.

8. pinnacle

Tony,
    Yeh.........I duno but I'll have a shop around for some prices
    I think the fillter on my GD now is pretty standard stuff. Just a round element that fits into a plastic cover. (needs to be cleaned too much for my likings)
    I'll definatly be keeping the chariot mate, I'm just thinking about selling the Mighty compact at some stage next year as I need a bagger for right next to road sides for my new contract because the EPA are really uptight about getting clippings in the gutters.

Here's a pic of it. I'm gunna get a Bagger mower when I sell this

trailer1.jpg

9. pinnacle

Heres the existing filter housing

filter.jpg

10. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I was going to convert my kawasaki to the same type of canister filter until I heard how much it would cost. How do they justify the expense of this conversion? $800 will buy a lot of the smaller filters.