how much did you pay for your 21 inch mower and how much do you use it??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by meathead1134, Jun 3, 2006.

1. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking I have a scott's 6.5 horse self propelled that I traded a non working push ariens for. I think I paid $50.00 (for the ariens) from a coworker that buys and sells them Yes it's a home owner model and I refuse to spend good money on 1. I got the better side of the deal :dancing: I hear that people spend alot of money for their 21 inch mover and I cannot see spending alot of money on 1. I happen to use mine about 30 minuntes a week and I still have the same tank of gas in it from 3 weeks ago. It cost me .40 cents to fill it up.

PS I'm bored and I was thinking

2. dcondon

dcondon LawnSite Silver Member

we use ours about 30 min's every two weeks.. Thats more they plenty:hammerhead:

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Our last 21-inch mower purchase was Honda hydro's 1065 or so each.We have routes in the city of Chicago, where a high end 21-inch mower is the most profitable and productive option for the cookie cutter lawns on the routes. The turf area mowed on these lawns, average 500 to a 1000 sq feet. Not only does a buying high end 21-inch mowers make sense, buying them contributes to high profit margins.Our 21-inch mowers get hard use, all day, everyday on stamp sized lawns.

4. jazak

jazak LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I bought a new one this year with a 6.5HP Honda motor on it for $250. Its a home owner model but does the job and stripes pretty nice :) I use it about 4 hours every other week.

5. outlaw1960

outlaw1960 LawnSite Senior Member
    from denver

Trailer that mower and you would wish you had steel wheels. We use our Honda's about 8 hours a week and have had zero problems for 6 years.

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I wouldn't know, I haven't owned anything smaller than a 48" in over 4 years.

I did use one a few times, it was so frustrating I wanted to pick it up and sling it into a brick wall hard and break it into many pieces... Except I couldn't, it's too heavy! It's so heavy, it doesn't even serve as a decent wheeled weedeater, what a POS 21"s are.

As a rule if my machine don't fit, I can not service it.
    Thou I can likely weedtrim the area just about as fast and look about as good, it will cost appropriately because I wouldn't dream of cutting grass 6 times slower than my 48" for the same money.

7. T-Trim

T-Trim LawnSite Member

We have two lawnboys. we use one of them once aweek. On one yard.
    I hate push mowing!!!

8. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Well ours cost $0 and we use it 0 minutes a week.

9. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I just bought another one. Toro Super Recycler, self propeled, aluminum deck i believe it was $529.00 Gets used probably 3 hours a week for a few high end properties and small spaces.

10. kirk brown

kirk brown LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

i got mine for free(4.5hp yardworks)
    and i never use it