how much do u pay for your 21" mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ACA L&L, Jan 16, 2008.

1. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We have one dealer here in town selling the toro 21" bbc kawisakis for 1200.00

and the exmark dealer selling his 21 kawisakis bbc for 1209.00

If you had a choice which would u take???,, and what are u paying right now for 21" mowers?

2. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

I have one push mower, that I rarely use, its a mulching Lawn Boy and I paid $400.00 for it...

$1200.00 for a push mower? Ridiculous.

3. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Thats full retail see if you can get your dealer down a bit. I bought a new Toro 21" bbc w/Honda engine this year for $1,120 from my dealer. Not much of a discount but every little bit helps. Go with the Toro they have had a lot less problems than Exmark even though they look similar. I have run Toro mowers since the early 90s and they have been flawless. Toro owns Exmark so I'm not sure what the problem is with the Exmark 21".

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

First of all ITS NOT A PUSH MOWER! Second the Toro COMMERCIAL 21"will be cutting lawns long after your $400 lawnboy is sitting in the trash. I'm glad you like your lawnboy mower and I'm sure its a nice homeowner model just not built for commercial work and if I'm not mistaken Toro owns lawnboy also.

5. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I payed about $850 for each of my snapper commercial hi-vac moweres that have honda GXV engines. They are worth it.

6. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

My experience is pay the dollars for the commercial mower. I have been useing my 21 in snapper for 5 years. I use it all the time it is great I paid about 920 5 years ago so 1200 might be right. Oh my resi push mowers would barely make a season and at 350 a pop my commercial winds up way cheaper. Oh and the cut jis better, the body is stronger. It is just a better mower.

7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Some of these guys don't understand that in some areas, 21'' mowers work best. We don't all have 15 acre properties that require huge z's. With that being said, I've paid 600 for my residential honda's, and around 1200 for my commercial honda. Good luck.

8. DoetschOutdoor

DoetschOutdoor LawnSite Bronze Member
    from S. IL

We have a JD mid level 21" mower that we paid about $700 for a few years ago. I think that they were only offering 2 models that were better at the time and that seemed like enough to me. I think spending $1k+ on a 21" mower is rediculous as well. You could get a JD or another really good mower and use the extra money on a backback blower, edger, or just bank it. And you really cant rip on the lawnboy mowers because for the money, they are pretty unbeatable. With regular oil changes and good maintanence theres no reason a lawnboy wouldnt last you a good portion of your life. And besides, do you really, really use that mower enough to justify spending that much money? Maybe you can justify the need for it though.

9. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

My Hrxs were about $750 a piece, a Honda Hrc will run about $1000-$1100

10. IN2MOWN

IN2MOWN LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, little sensitive about push mowers are we?

BTW, its 6 years old and runs like a champ.