1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you add to the mowing cost when they want it bagged?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by merrimacmill, Feb 26, 2008.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering how much everyone adds to the cost of mowing when the customer wants the grass clippings bagged? I imagine you would charge for it since you need to go through the extra hassle and time of bagging and then need to haul them and dump them somewhere.

2. Ronniecoleman

Ronniecoleman LawnSite Member

Depends on the size of property, rough esimate would be tack on an additional 33%

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

You have a bagging fee, you have a hauling fee, and you have a disposal fee. Atleast 75% of the mowing cost.

4. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

whatever extra labor involved

5. p0wd3rp1l0t

p0wd3rp1l0t LawnSite Member

double..cuz not only do you have to have (somethign) to haul it with but you also have to dispose of it and in my city you cannot drag bags of lawn clippings to the curb. just cut there lawn twice as much and it will be the same thing

6. dreamscapefarms

dreamscapefarms LawnSite Member

aprox 40% extra to bag and dump.

7. TheLawnWarrior

TheLawnWarrior LawnSite Member

Hit them up for an extra 50% on top, and then ask them where you can leave the clippings, if they will get rid of them then fine, if they want you to take them with you charge 75% more than the regular cost.

8. georgiagrass

georgiagrass LawnSite Senior Member

Extra 50%. Should probably be more for the aggravation.

9. grapeford

grapeford LawnSite Member

I tack on a $5.00 minimum.*(for an average lawn) most customers don't worry about it. I've been in this for over 20 years, don't squeeze too much, there's too many low ballers out there who'll do it for less.

10. T.E.

T.E. LawnSite Senior Member

I always have the bag on the mower....with the chute closed! I mulch most all of mine.

Good luck, Tony