How much do you bring home from this job?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by benabarlow, Apr 28, 2005.

1. benabarlow

benabarlow LawnSite Member

lets say there are two people at a job. They rake, edge, and mulch. Its 8 yrds of hemlock mulch which is $360 customer price. It takes the both of them 8 hrs to do the job. What would you bid? I know there are a bunch of variables, but any suggestion as to what people are biding would be great thanks.
    Ben

2. slicksilverado01

slicksilverado01 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

what is your price on the mulch?? for me in my area people charge between 45-100 per yard of mulch. and that is with naturally hardwood mulch that is between $21-27 a yard around here. I charge 55-85 a yard depending on how bad the beds are. since there is two of you I would charge $100 per cubic yard with clean up so that would be $800. again this price would be seen in ohio not sure on what your area charges.

3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

I would bid $1,000 even. Though im always alittle high on my jobs i wouldn't go below $850

4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Mulch is $360

Labor is 2 X 8 X whatever your hourly labor rate is.

Ex:
    Hourly labor rate = $25

2 X $25 X 8 = $400

Total price to customer $760.

5. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

8 hours total or each, then as said before, your desired hourly times hours plus mulch. Don't forget the time picking it up either.

6. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

That must be one overgrown area to take 2 guys 8 hours to do. my guess is 2-2.5 hours to mulch for 2 guys and the rest is to rake and edge. I am guessing long narrow beds so with this in mind it will be a min of 800 and upwards of 1100. I am thinking that 2 guys can edge and rake and lay mulch in less than 4 hours.