1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much do you charge for a pgp?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by AI Inc, Apr 17, 2008.

1. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

We normaly charge $29.95 for each pgp up to 6. After that we lower the price to $21.95.
    Yesterday 1 of my techs replaced 17 at one house. The customer was with him and saw that he himself ( the customer ) had taken out the majority with his plow over the winter.
    This guy is kinda cheap, wondering if I should lower the price down to Hunters new list of $16.95 , or stay with $21.95?
    What would you do?
    I dont want the guy running to home cheapo next spring.
  2. The math is still good for you. We charge 19.00 each. If you are getting all your labor billing and he is a repeat customer I'd just drop my price to the list.
  3. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I would say no, even if the list price changed "my price" did not change. We charge $34.95 for PGP-ADJ. Where did you see or hear that the list price had changed. I thought I had the "current" list prices. Last year we had a customer that had maxi-paws (27) and wanted them switched out to PGP's, I think we dropped the price down to $30 or $32.
  4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

They dropped it last fall to compete with RB 5000
  5. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

The price drop must be a regional thing - the list I was just quoted by my supplier is $21.95.
  6. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

So did your cost on the PGP drop to reflect the change in the list price????
  7. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Every time I consider dropping prices, I think of GXR and raise them instead.
  8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

$26, dropped to $22 if more than 4. You're still making a good chunk of change if you drop it a little more. It's what you feel is acceptable, not us.
  9. WalkGood

WalkGood LawnSite Bronze Member

(to no one in particular) What are you charging for labor in addition to the price of the PGP?

I've heard of some some companies flat-rate charging for a PGP replacement. Others charge a service call charge for xxx minutes (with zzz per hour after that) plus materials.
  10. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

At least eighty bucks