How much do you charge for aeration?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by columbia, Feb 8, 2008.

1. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

I am buying an aerator tomorrow afternoon and am wondering about what the average charge is for you guys or per square foot. Or do you guys charge by flat rate per neighborhood. I am not looking to do huge lots just average city lots to start with and would like a base rate. Thanks

2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

what kind of aerator are you planning on getting?

3. enviouslawns

enviouslawns LawnSite Member

in michigan the going rate for a 140x70 lot is about 45-55 scotts did mine last year and it was 55.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

we get $13.50 per sprinkler zone , with a min of $100

5. columbia

columbia LawnSite Member

I am picking up a bluebird h530a today. AI inc: So you just how them how many zones they have and go from there? I think 55 is really low around here but maybe its just me...

6. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

I just purchased a Bluebird aerator 530 4 hpHonda. I will charge 60$ mininum first hour and 50$ each additional hour. I think I can do most houses in around 30 minutes.

7. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

We are a sprinkler co and have drawings of all systems we installed on computer. I print out a copy and bill from that. At $90 minimum we did not make enough $ , although lawns around here are typicaly larger then in most other areas.

8. QLC- Rick

QLC- Rick LawnSite Member

I saw a formula posted on here a while back that seems pretty solid. Two and a half times what you charge to mow the property. When I saw that and started applying it to lawns I mow it works out pretty good, for me. It gives a good quick baseline anyway to work off of, especially if you're used to figuring mowing prices.

9. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss LawnSite Silver Member

do any of you guys do large properties, i mean over 1/2 acre? What do you charge using the little plugger machines for someone thats got an acre? I have a 60" Landpride that i run over a lot of my lots that are 1/2 to 6 acres in size... I can do a 1.5 acre place in about 20-25 minutes. I couldnt imagine using the little 20" powered model, id have to charge $450

10. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The small machines are generally rated to do 28000 sq feet per hour. It will do it provided the ground is fairly level with out to many curves. So 1 acre per hour is possible, I wont do more than 2 acers.