How much do you charge for hedge trimming?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Hardcore5657, May 11, 2011.

1. Hardcore5657

Hardcore5657 LawnSite Member

I have to give a estimate on hedge trimming, how do you figure out a price?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Depends mostly on the size of the job, more or less.

3. IES

IES LawnSite Senior Member

For my commercial jobs I charge 4-6$ per bush. I don't do resi so I got nothing on that
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Greenery

Greenery LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device

5. MR-G

MR-G LawnSite Senior Member

we charge 1.25 per minute per man.....3 guys for 30 minutes costs 112.50...but they can do a lot in 30 minutes...we always charge by the clock...you have to really...we dont have a product we are selling....we sell time..thats it...plain and simple, we sell time..quality takes time therefore costs more...i say that to customers all the time...we can do a quick mow,blow,and go...or we can do full detail and spend all day there....its all in what the customer wants to pay for.....

6. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

We cant roll a truck for under 200.00

7. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

D*mn, I wished I could get what some of you folks are getting. Around here the rate is 35 per hour and thats the big time high end lawn companies, you can get it done for as little as 10 an hour and there are many that will do it for that. I try to stay away from shrubbery except for my high end clients.

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

I really dont see how people are staying in Business like this...

were a ligit CO. my trucks get 6 to 8 MPG. my employees are paid 10.00 to start. 18 for a crew leader.

But the time a truck get's there I've got 30 to 50 invested.

Lets not talk about insurance, uniforms, ware and tear......

9. bmac1996acc

bmac1996acc LawnSite Member
    from in GA

I'm not doing any shrubs for $10 an hour.

I had a lady I mow tell me her old yard guy did them for free. I said but you said he charged you more right. She said yeah but only $10 PER MOW. I said so he was charging you $160 to do your hedges. She had a completely dumbfounded look on her face. I told her she could pay the $50 I originally quoted or I'll do it free and charge her $10 more per mow.

10. gebby

gebby LawnSite Senior Member

First off, I hate shrub work. I will find any excuse not to do them. I do have a few customers that expect my services on their shrubs. I usually tell people that they can't afford me doing their shrubs. If that doesn't scare them my prices are as follows. I get as much as I can. I quote as much as I can plus the cost of 3 beers. (No I am not kidding) When they get the bill there are no surpises for them or for me. Then me and my hurting back go home find the lawn chair and round up at least 3 beers.