How much do you charge for Mulch Install?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by recycledsole, Dec 3, 2012.

1. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

Mt. Dew and aderol lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. lawnpropm

lawnpropm LawnSite Senior Member

What pre em you like using? How long is it effective.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

It wasn't sloppy. It was the perfect mulch job with never having to walk more than 50' to dump a wheelbarrow, and a lot of open area. Though, I still had to kick it into high gear to get the job done in such a short period of time.

4. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

So you actually wheelbarrowed & installed 6 yards of mulch yourself in 1.5 hours... That's like a record probably...
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

We use snapshot mostly,the bag says it's effective for 8 weeks then reapply, of course nobody wants to pay to have it reapplied, LOL unless their on a bed maint program then it gets reapplied every 6-8 weeks.

Weaver, I would say 6 yards by one person in 1.5 hrs is quite the feat. I take Adderall (For ADD) and drink Dr pepper and not even then could I do it, LOL

6. New2TheGreenIndustry

New2TheGreenIndustry LawnSite Senior Member
    from GA

I had Chariots of Fire playing on repeat in my head.

7. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

We charge $60-$75 per yard delivered and installed. Any bed prep is extra. I always figure one man hour per yard. The best I have done is two yards per hour and that was flying!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. weaver

weaver LawnSite Bronze Member

Good one...

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

9. bradsmowing

bradsmowing LawnSite Member

Here in my town in Florida I get the mulch for 24.00 a yard any color we charge 50.00 a yard installed

10. precision8m

precision8m LawnSite Senior Member

I quote mulch out to be spread at about 2yds an hour or so, but I can easily do 4 in an hour if i am parked close to the beds. I have employees now and am not as young as when I started out, but I still move quick when I am mulching. Makes my guys work quicker too. Great cardio.