How much do you charge to Winterize

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by SpartanBill, Aug 7, 2007.

1. SpartanBill

SpartanBill LawnSite Member

Just curious, do you charge by the zone, flat rate,commerical. How much do you market outside current customers? I'm hoping to use this to expand customer base for service and lawn maint.

2. CAPT Stream Rotar

CAPT Stream Rotar LawnSite Fanatic

12 bucks a zone.

no deals.
  3. I have just been charging normal service charge fee less 10%....don't ask me why.

This year all residential will be $65....commercial is per zone. Large residential over 6 zones will be 65 plus a per zone fee....

I have yet to decide what the perzone fee will be.....

I haven't marketed much..but this year I am doing one of two things:

1 Pounding the pavement to get new winterizations and clients.

2 Quitting and getting a job
  4. Tony, ah never mind.
  5. Go ahead.......I can take it. Did you get my PM?
  6. Yeah I did. Nothing new but the forms make good templates for setting up service contracts. I was just going to say life is hard enough without having mixed thoughts about the part that eats up the bulk of our time. WORK.
  7. It is worse than that Fimco......mixed thoughts abound in this brain of mine...

I agree cannot serve 2 masters....and all that other blah blah blah...

I'm leaning towards going balls out.....cuz that is the only way I know.....

The forms were awesome actually....I especially liked the one with the "water savings" plan...

Did you know that I came up with that almost 10 years ago inScottsdale....and sold almost 200 of those the first year? I priced them way too low....and got scared away on them after that...but at that time I had overhead monsters to feed....

I guess I am learning stuff....thanks again.
  8. This winter I'm going to try and set up a yahoo group site invitation only geared strictly to setting up service contacts with downloadable forms. A place where we can trade what works and suggest pricing and potential pitfalls.
  9. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's reasonable, 'bout the same as you use that same compressor
    for winterize, can you dial the pressure down or do you open all the bleeders?
  10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Another thought you might appreciate. We use two people on winterize, one
    to fire the zones with the remote or clock/bleeder. The other has a clipboard
    to jot down any breaks, cloggers, plant intrusion on pattern. It's a great time
    to survey the system, make another 100b & give you winter work, or spring
    work for you coldies. Don't forget to look down..air bubbles are a sure sign
    of pipe split. Breaks generally "plump" up. Carefull with pressure on small
    systems..could create more problems than you want.