1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much do you charge?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Surferbum21, May 18, 2007.

1. Surferbum21

Surferbum21 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW OKC

per acre of mowing? I have a customer who has some foreclosures on some houses that need to be mowing. Sounds like he's (his company) will pay almost anything that is reasonable. I don't want to overshoot it but I don't want to undershoot it. Each one is at least 1 acre and a couple are 3 or 4. And they are pretty high.
  2. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

Repo's don't usually don't pay much...most of the money goes to field service company. But they are good for cash flow
  3. Boonman

Boonman LawnSite Member
    from NY

I beg to differ. One of my largest accounts is a realtor that handles alot of foreclosures. They always pay, and noone is there, and noone complains. If you do a good job, you will get more work from a realtor. They need curb apeal. And on what to charge, it's all are dependant. I myself charge $65-$70/hour. I estimate each job, and that's that. I am to the point now, where they just give me lists of addresses, and I do the jobs, and bill them. It's been that way for a couple years. The only trouble is that you can't really establish a route, because the houses come and go. Same with any realtor. But, if you have a good relationship with your realtor(s), than they will give you new ones to replace the sold ones. If you help them sell houses, they help you make $$$$$$$.
  4. Stillwater

Stillwater LawnSite Platinum Member

What Boonman said............But with a twist.

My best customer is a realtor But I never have gotten any new accounts by her, I do not think she tells anyone about me I can asume it is becouse they give me a ton of work every week,

Anyway it has been well over 10 years since I have measured lawns to set prices, I price lawns out buy how LONG it takes to mow, how much do they care, average grass condition,do they want it bagged? volume of clippings. do they want a extreem detailed look when done?, anyway for ME time is my money, so mow priceing by the square foot is stupid. My lawn prices average 70 to 85 per mow hour, if they want a classy job.
    Also for the customers who only want their lawn mowed every other week pay more per mow, exhample = for a nice lawn I would normaly charge 45 for bi-weekly is 55.00 without bagging.

Apart from mowing I also have a machine charge as well, Huge ground blower 16 per hr + labor chain saw 8 per hour + labor dethatcher 95 per hr plus labor, core airator 95 per hr ect.
  5. AllProLC

AllProLC LawnSite Member

Boonman, in our area the Realtors only market & try and sell the foreclosures...bidding, mowing & maintenance is mostly controlled by preservation/field service co's. Would like to deal w/ rea;tors direct to increase profits...how did you get started w/ realtor on these?