How much do you charge?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by MarkDL, Feb 18, 2008.

1. MarkDL

MarkDL LawnSite Member

What is everyone's price list? I'm considering getting into the business, however I'm not even sure ballpark figures at the moment.

2. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

We charge $1.30 per cut, Aerating is $1.80, Weed control is $2.20, and landscaping costs $1200.
  3. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I will try and help you out. Im new in doing this full time and like to try and help others out. These prices may change depending on area.

Average 1/4ac in town lawn.

Starting at $25.00 a cut weekly.

Spring and Fall Cleanup Starting at additional $10 on top of mowing fee (beweekly in fall)

Thats basically how i figure mine..if a yard has alot of hills or something my price ranges. PLEASE DONT BASH MY PRICING, IT IS COMPETITIVE FOR MY AREA.
  4. miketull8

miketull8 LawnSite Member
    Posts: 137, If I call you and need my leaves cleaned up it would be 35 bucks?
  5. miketull8

Mark....we'll talk more as this are in my area.
  6. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Mark, you have to ask a specific question if you want a real answer around here. What are you asking.
  7. born2farm

born2farm LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,149 $35 dollar charge is for a mowing and leaf clean up in the fall. if i get a call just for leaves i go estimate it at what is on the ground at the time or w/e...i try to stick to just seasonal people.
  8. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I would suggest to try and find out what the going rates are in your area. You can do this by reading some of the flyers that are going to start appearing on peoples doors and mailboxes (even though you legally can not put flyers on or in mailboxes). Ask people who you may know that they pay someone to mow their lawn. Most people (and I say most) will tell you what they pay.

You can also maybe ask at the local mower shop who sells the professional equipment in your area. He wants your business, so he will usually help you out in getting a general idea as to what you should charge.

Most guys have a minumum that they charge, as I do, and that is $35.00. With that said, I do have one that I only charge the guy $25.00 for, but I mow other large properties for him 2½+ acres, and this smaller property is just a mow and go type thing. Doesn't have to look great, just keep it mowed down.
  9. french's lawn care

french's lawn care LawnSite Member

I am new to this biz also and had to find things out the hard way but you are doing the right thing by asking questions first before you commit to a price and then find out that you have to raise it to make somethin i have been in this for 6 years and this year i decided to register and insure i know I will catch flack but here is my chart remember I am new also i started out trying to guess how long it would take me to do the yard but that didnt work so well so now I measure the yard with a measuring wheel multiply length x width and get sq ft 1/4 acre10,890=$25 1/2acre 21,780=$35 3/4acre 32,670=$45 1acre 43,560=$55 round up most of the time basically I am giving a discount for bigger yards because i dont have to load and unload so much. hope this helps you It works for me
  10. miketull8

Posts: 137, I also get a minimum of 35.00 per yard....minimum. Do not drop the gate unless you are getting the 35.00. As far as spring cleanup with leaves's alot more. I did a subdivision of houses all about 3/4 to 1 acre each were 145.00. I see someone in here gets 35.00 to mow and cleanup...around here way too low. Let's be honest, what does everyone else get for spring/fall leaf clean-up?