how much do you decrease your prices by from year to year?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbyge, Aug 26, 2008.

1. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

if u started on a customer's lawn, in say, 2003, for say, $400 for the entire program, how much less do u think thier program would cost them in 2008?

2. at least 10% a year, we are just out for the exercise.

3. growingdeeprootsorganicly

growingdeeprootsorganicly LawnSite Senior Member

iv read your bs in other threads, just wondering cause i truly don't what to feed into you but i will this one time only, are you ******** or just looking for attention?::dizzy::confused::hammerhead:

4. PROCUT1

PROCUT1 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from TN

If nobody is decreasing prices why is lawnmowing a LOT cheaper now than it was 10 years ago?

5. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

Who the heck wants to take a pay cut each year?? I've NEVER decreased my prices--I did increase them this year, however!

6. grassguy_

grassguy_ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

yeah....uh...fert prices have more than doubled!
    Gas prices have continued to climb and a hurricane likely to give another excuse for a price hike!
    and no one wanting to work unless they're getting $20.00+ an hour!
    hmmmm....
    hmmm.....
    geeee.....

heck drop prices at least 50% maybe more!!!!:hammerhead:;):sleeping:

WOW! WAKE UP!

7. HERITAGELANDSCAPING

HERITAGELANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

hey guys give him a break, look at where he's from... THAT EXPLAINS IT ALL!!!!

8. first post and thats it.

9. PSUTURFGEEK

PSUTURFGEEK LawnSite Senior Member

I'm actually more surprised more guys are not jumping to some other sites based on the amount of total Morons like this who are obviously so valuable to the advertising dept. to do anything about it.

10. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

well, now you are all "professionals", aren't you? you see, i know that my first year on a property requires more treatments, more scouting, and more attention. as the years roll on, and we develop a healthier turf, and have the customer educated to the correct watering techniques, we need alot fewer treatments to maintain the now healthy, strong, resistant lawn. a real professional can actually lower the price of the program as the years go on, because there is far less involved in the program. unless, of course....you're delivering unnecesary treatments. but i just know, "professionals" wouldn't do such a thing. would you?