how much do you decrease your prices by from year to year?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bobbyge, Aug 26, 2008.

1. group501

group501 LawnSite Member

We try to decrease our prices by at least 10% each year. We now have a handful of customers that we actually have to pay for the honor of servicing their lawn. Good times:dancing:

2. phasthound

phasthound LawnSite Platinum Member

bobbyge,

It took me awhile to catch on. I like what you say, you jog the mind. Anyone who is able to build a successful business by promising to do less over time and fulfill the promise is smarter than most. :)

You're not really from France!

3. bug-guy

bug-guy LawnSite Senior Member

phasthound
    stop!!!!!! don't look at his words directly!!! you'll go blind

and get away from there and don't pay any mind to the man behind the curtain

because you see phast you never really left kansas at all

4. bobbyge

bobbyge LawnSite Member
    from france

oh no, i'm sorry fellas but i strongly disagree. if you are chasing weeds year after year it means one of two things #1- you suck at it. or #2- you have failed to educate the customer on proper watering. this reminds me of a story, it happened in mid spring this year. i was doing my usual saturday mowing route and stopped in a diner to pee. i saw i guy i know. his name is ED. i said , "hey ed, what's up?" he said , "nothing, i just got done killing the dandelions at my house." i said, "yea, i couldn't help but notice you had a ton of them when i drove by." he said, "yup, but not for long...you see, every year, i kill them. i been doin it like this for 20 yrs." i said, " tell me, ed, just what exactly do you do?" he said, " well, at the end of may, i apply weed and feed with my spreader. within 2 weeks, all the dandelions are dead." i said, "hmmm, and you "kill" them, every year?" he said, "yup, it works great." so i slapped him and left .

5. ericmcj31

ericmcj31 LawnSite Senior Member

How many "Ed's" are there in France?? Was he eating a croissant?

6. Hogjaw

Hogjaw LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sincere, haven't cut prices and don't intend to. Matter of fact we had increase in the fall of 2008.

I get paid for MAINTAINING what I've helped the owner to achieve.

7. randosh4

randosh4 LawnSite Member

Booby Get A Life.

8. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

I sell preventative maintenance. What you deem as unnecessary, my customers consider insurance against potential issues.

That being said I do a "buy 2 years, get one free" deal just so I can milk welfare every third year.

9. DUSTYCEDAR

DUSTYCEDAR LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

Gotta Love Him

10. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

I knew a French guy one time...His name was Ed...Ed Smith. He loved fine French cuisine. French Fries, French Toast, French Vanilla Ice Cream, etc...