How much do you get for 8 in tree?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Travel'n Trees, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

How much do you guys get in your area for a 8 in tree? We planted some today.

2. mcclureandson

mcclureandson LawnSite Member

Do you mean an 8 inch caliper tree or an 8 inch tall tree...we'd get thousands for the first, and maybe $20-30 for the second.

3. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what it is but I would say 600-1000 maybe more for just the tree.
    HAD a customer that bought 8 6" trees for $200 ea. straight from the nursery. the guy even delivered for that price. CRAZY!!!!

4. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

What kind of tree? How much do they weigh? Got any pics? Biggest I have installed is 4" caliper.

5. Travel'n Trees

8" caliper Red Maple, Sweet Gum, and a Oak? Tommorrow 3 pears 7 in!

6. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

well what did you charge? i haven't had to handle something that large since going on my own

7. godzilla

godzilla LawnSite Senior Member

80" rootball you're talking about some heavy equipment... so let's say no less than $800 for the machine for the day, then a few laborers at $? plus $? for materials... figure $1000 per tree to plant... that's on top of whatever the tree costs. That's probably a low figure too.

8. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Local golf course transplanted 8 12"dbh oaks from an area inbetween the fairways. for all 8 it cost them with renting the machine and 12 guys and misc supplies. 14 grand. that is not paying for the trees at all.

9. Travel'n Trees

See where we are we have too many people doing it to cheap 90 in machine and we get $325 one person labor.

10. Travel'n Trees

The Tree they get $480 for.