How much do you gross poll

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by willretire@40, Jul 22, 2005.

?

How much do you gross

1. 100k or less

93 vote(s)
    57.8%
  2. 100k-250k

35 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. 250k-400k

14 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. 400k-1million

8 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. 1 millon +

11 vote(s)
    6.8%
  1. willretire@40

willretire@40 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from VA

I think alot of us would like to know just how much money can be made with a lco. Many people say that you cant make any money just mowing. Well lets see if they are right. This poll is for lco's that mainly mow atleast 85%. Now we know that there is difference from gross to net but that is why i am only comparing lco's that mainly mow this way we are comparing apples to apples or atleast as close as we can get. Please answer the poll it only takes a second, dont just view this thread and leave thanks. This poll is private names will not be shown if you vote. Only replys will show.

2. willretire@40

from VA

3. kclawnmowerman

kclawnmowerman LawnSite Member

Why the post? It will vary from person to person.
    I myself am a good sale'sman the next guy might not be but can work hard and do a good job. You allways have your laydown customers that will just call and want anyone's service and then you got people that really have to be sold not everyone can do this and provide good quality service. To many things can happen with so many people. To tell you the truth 90% of the people here will never make over 100k a year. Some people dont want that much buisness and others dont know how to get that much,Others can work hard enough. To many varibles in this question. Think about it. No matter what buisness you are in it is just how you run it and plan it out. Plan your work and work your plan.

4. willretire@40

from VA

Yeah but some people think that it is impossible to make money mowing grass only and think that you have to do mostly landscaping. I believe that you can make money either way. I also believe that landscaping can make a whole lot more if it is ran right. But just really want to see how much money can be made in just mowing.

5. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

This should be about net income. Gross means absolutly nothing. Its pretty easy to gross over 100K a year. The goal should be to net 100K per year.

6. willretire@40

from VA

7. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

Our revenue is split about 50/50 grounds maintenance versus landscaping. It is not difficult to generate a 6 figure net if you have at least one full time employee.

8. grassmanvt

grassmanvt LawnSite Senior Member

I mow primarily but also do snow services winter, (hard to mow with snow on the ground) My vote included these numbers as a yearly gross. Just figured I'd point that out.

9. willretire@40

from VA

so 6% of the people that vote gross over 1 million mainly cutting lawns. That is good in my book. Most are proably down south in Texas or somewhere hot. So goes to show that you can make money doing this. I would say that if your company is making 1 million then net should be about 250k. Anyone agree or disagree.

10. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you're talking about your own personal net, what you will see in your families checkbook, I'd say that 1M + company, the owner MIGHT see 100k, maybe.

Fact is, it takes money to make money.

Just like myself. I gross $130k / year, working solo, but I net about $35k / year. That's what's in my family's checkbook when it comes to filing taxes.

Now that doesn't seem like alot, but there's quite a bit of investing in the company that I do.

I'd rather have equity than a large tax bill.