How much do you guys charge? High end residential.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by HGdesigner, Mar 18, 2006.

1. HGdesigner

HGdesigner LawnSite Member

I've been in buisness for some time and have run other companies as cheif designer/superintendent or related titles. My company is design/build and does some renovation. I can easily pick up some high end residential yards and have been approached about mowing many, many times. I like my designs to look good for years and figure I can make a few extra bucks by going into some turf.

The problem I have is that it has been so long since I've bid turf management I just don't know how to do it.

I've heard that you need to estimate your time and overhead and bid according to that. The problem with this is that it tells you very little about your competition. I know I can't make as much as selling landscapes but turf must be profitable and I don't want to buy a bunch of equipment to find out I'm just plain too high.

So, I guess what I'd like to ask you guys is how much you actually charge for a 2 acre (or there abouts) high end residential. I'm just talking about mowing with a Z or mini tractor and trimming and edging. I know there are a lot of variables but just figure it as an average high end home.

I appreciate any help you might give and will be more than happy to show any one how I bid plantings. I can nail them to within 10% every time.