How much do you make per hour on landscaping?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Tim@AcesLCLS, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Tim@AcesLCLS

Tim@AcesLCLS LawnSite Member

When you do an estimate how much do you estimate for your own labor an hour after expenses?

2. cuttenup

cuttenup LawnSite Member
    from NETN

At least $30 per man hr. Could proubly be a little higher. Thats seems to be about the going rate in my area.

3. Mark in MD

Mark in MD LawnSite Senior Member

One man? And that's you?

If you're starving, less. If you're crazy busy, which you will be before you know it, more. And more. And more.

4. bigmudder77

bigmudder77 LawnSite Senior Member

id go at least $50 you dont know how hard that work is until you start in to it

5. Tim@AcesLCLS

Tim@AcesLCLS LawnSite Member

I am pulling about $60 for me and my partner total and we are making out like bandits, I love this time of year

6. MILSINC

MILSINC LawnSite Member

i pull 50 per hour.. one man.. minimal overhead.. when it's all said and done, i make about 30 an hour

7. eddings

eddings LawnSite Member

I am not trying to start anything here, but how do you pull $50/hr, but only make $30/hr? If $30/hr is all you are making why bother with landscaping. I would just mow. I will make between $50-165/hr mowing before expenses. Depending on lot size, how close the homes are. and so forth. I have 5 lawns that are right next to each other that I can mow in an hour.

8. Ecoscape01

Ecoscape01 LawnSite Senior Member

I did my first job last weekend. I made 35 an hour after expenses. I set my price a little low due to my lack of experience. I ended up doing a great job according to the homeowners so now I will try to make 40 an hour after expenses for landscaping and increase as much as I can as I get more experienced until I find my peak price, mowing is a different story.

9. workinallthetime

workinallthetime LawnSite Member

all 3 of us make 45 an hour
    me myself and i (when he shows up)

10. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

$50 and hour and up, all depends on how hard the job is going to be is how I charge my time. Harder job costs more cause time is money