1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you pay for Pine Bark Nuggets?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by clean_cut, Mar 31, 2011.

1. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I've done some calling and got the following prices from some local garden supply companies for Pine Bark Mix mulch (PBM) and Pine Bark Nuggets (PBN).

Company 1

PBM 30
    PBN 38

Company 2

PBM 24
    PBN 35

Company 3

PBM 20.80
    PBN 36

All of the prices are based on the full charge (delivery included which is based on delivery of 10 yards (easy number to calculate)) per yard of mulch.

Is it just me, or do these prices for pine bark nuggets seem quite high to you guys? I would love to get the job I'm estimating for, because a weekly mowing job is attached to it, but I would also like to make a profit on the mulch.

So the bottom line is, do these prices seem in line? (I'm sure they very on location and such) What do you guys pay for your mulch?

2. MMADDUX

MMADDUX LawnSite Member

I pay $33 for either the fines or the nuggets. that is with out delivery. she charges $50 to deliver for up to 14 yards. she has a bigger truck but not sure what she charges for that one. Hope this helps.
    Matt

3. clean_cut

Okay, maybe these prices aren't way out of line. Thanks man, keep the replies coming!

4. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

$31.50 either one. Picked up. My dump trailer will HOLD 20 yards of course I'd never LOAD that much on it.

5. clean_cut

Thanks guys! Anybody else?