how much do you pay for the yellow pages

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JML, Jan 6, 2001.

1. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i was wondering how much you guys spend on yellow page advertising, i just got done with my salesman and i am now spending $450 a month.. how about you guys?

2. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Is that for an ad or for just name and #?
    Either way I think many have said that it was not worth the money...

3. RYAN

RYAN LawnSite Member

I got a deal for $75 per month for an add about 1.5x3 inches. Thought it sounded like a good deal and I didn't need a business line for it. Also got my name in bold in the snow plowing section included.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Ryan, You got a good deal. I looked into yellow page ads last year. After listening to the sales woman for 30 minutes I finally got her to tell me some prices. An ad the size of a business card was $464 per month!

5. JML

JML LawnSite Senior Member

i got a half page ad. because i got a half page they gave me another half page ad for free in the landscape contractor section. i was also told that i would be the second ad in the book in both lawn maintenance and landscape contractor.. with listing in four other columns. it seems very expensive but they showed the me the stats on another landscaper who they bought a phone line for and used the number only for the yellow pages. he averaged 145 calls a month...

6. Toddppm

Toddppm LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Mine is a 1/8 page ad for $245, that's only one area that this book serves though.
    If you are only one of 2 with a 1/2 page ad in a good market get ready for some serious response.
    Keep your prices high and hire some good help!

7. cclllc

cclllc LawnSite Senior Member

I have an add for 23.00 per month in the local yellow pages and one in the transwestern for about 25.00-2.5 in.add.

8. Kent Lawns

Kent Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Midwest

Our Ad is $1425.00/month.

90% of the calls get weeded out. 10% bring some staple business, but it's those 4 or 5 per year that really pay off big.

9. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Mine costs me $13.70 a month!

One line, lists my name and phone #

Did the $350.00 thing last year and so far am getting the same results with the new price.

Let people tell you it doesn't work and don't get one. I was skeptical at first myself but the phone hasn't stopped since we got the ad last year.

10. LoneStarLawn

LoneStarLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with Homer I think the name and # will do just fine.