1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much do you pay laborers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mngrassguy, Apr 8, 2008.

1. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

How much do you pay your laborers? We pay $10.00/hour to start if they have experience. Licensed pest Applicators start at $18.00/hour
  2. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

$9 hr for mowing and $12 an hour for landscapers
  3. paul vroom

paul vroom LawnSite Senior Member

I work em til near death then on the way to the "bank" I pull over and say "guys, go in the store and buy me some slim jims". Then I leave them there, it saves me quite a bit of money......
  4. ozd12005

ozd12005 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm solo when it comes to lawn service.... for landscape 10 - 15 depending on experience

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I pay my laborers $8-10 an hour and my foreman gets $12 an hour.
  6. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

I give my helpers 9 to start, then after the 3 month probation period, I bump em' to $10.00
    I buy lunch often too, and gatorades, and coffee..... sometimes dinner... lapdances at the Horse.... sometimes a round of golf... geez, wish I could work for me.

hmmmm.... suddenly I understand why I haven't had the money for the new 50" LCD I want.
  7. Rcgm

Rcgm LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

My right hand man gets 12 a hour and my other guy gets 10 a hour. But like one guy said I am always buying drinks,lunch,breakfast and my right hand guy gets a bonus here and there if we hit dead lines on landscaping jobs.

8. mngrassguy

mngrassguy LawnSite Silver Member

I pay a $600.00 bonus to guys who stay until Oct 31. You'd be surprised how many quit the week or two before anyways. lol
  9. T&J Landscaping

T&J Landscaping LawnSite Member

I'm not going to Lie ,, i;m cheap really cheap ,, I pay my laborers $8.00 an hr ,, no complaints (yet) from them ,, and i take them out for drinks on friday nite ,,
  10. Fresh Cut 518

Fresh Cut 518 LawnSite Member

I don't think it's such a good idea to drink with your employee's. But what do I know?