How much do you pay your head foreman?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ConPro, Mar 12, 2003.

1. ConPro

ConPro LawnSite Member

How much do you pay your head foreman? Mine will be getting $16 an hour plus workman's comp. insurance 4/1/03-12/1/03. $25 an hour for tree climbing and plowing. Works his *** off, pretty much runs the company. Wish I could pay him more.

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

I pay ours $14.50 per hour. He sounds like yours. He could run the company (well, except the accounting, taxes, office stuff.) He's great. I should probably pay him more but we need to get more profitable first. And besides, his last raise was $3.50 an hour. And I told him at the time there wouldn't be any more raises for quite some time. It's only been a year and a half. He started out at $8 / hr. with our company 3 years ago and just worked his way up. He studies like crazy though. Just on his own time. And he masters things. He knows more about installing irrigation systems and engineering retaining walls than I do.

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

$20 an hour...$30 an hour during the winter for snowplowing. He's my right arm as far as I'm concerned:D Been with me through thick or thin.

4. yardman1

yardman1 LawnSite Senior Member

I pay my foreman alot, oh wait I am the head foreman and the office manager and the mechanic, and what ever else needs to be done. I am going to let my girlfriend/fiance/headboss/RN take care of the office starting very shortly.

5. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

That is great that you gentlemen understand that once you find a good employee/formen you need to try and keep them. I have not found anyone that I would trust with everything but hopefully that will change.

Gravely_Man