1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much do you spend on Advertising

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by hickory, Jun 10, 2004.

1. hickory

hickory LawnSite Member

As we all know that the phone won't ring unless your name is out there. How much do people spend a year on advertising? Out of the times the phone rings and you go to price the job will you get the job? How many times a day does the phone ring?

I would say for us the phone rings about 5 to 10 times per week. I think it's low.

We maybe get 30% of the jobs we bid.

2. BCSteel

BCSteel LawnSite Senior Member

I do zero advertising so I guess thats why I get only about 1 or 2 calls per month. I have a full schedule already though so its no big deal. If I need work I usually will close about 70% of the jobs that I bid on.

3. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

i spent around 400-500 total on advertising, that includes the $150 i spent on magnets and backwindow detailed. i had 15k flyers go out, only got a few responses. i also had an ad on the city channel on tv and have recived a few calls. most of my business comes from word of mouth and people seeing my truck (it sticks out like a highlighter, its red and yellow, not to mention a cop magnet)

4. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Year to date so far, about 3K....

5. Rex Mann

Rex Mann LawnSite Senior Member

We will invest around $7000.00 this year. That figure includes door hangers, our web site and an ad in a local high-end magazine.

Peace,

Rex

our web site

rmstonead-2.jpg

6. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I do zero advertising, but on the average, 2-3 calls a day.