How much do you take home at the end of the year?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by MJK, Oct 29, 2006.

1. MJK

MJK LawnSite Senior Member

After you pay your suppliers, workers, insurance, payments and taxes, how much do you take home at the end of the year?

Marc

2. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

this is the second post on this subject...
    I'll bet the answers here are about the same as on the haedscape section....

The national average for an owner salary for a landscape business is about $50,000.00/year,

3. Craftybigdog

Craftybigdog LawnSite Senior Member

Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

that's the figure according to lawn and landscape's most recent poll info.

i think that's about right.
    We are close to that.
    owner and general manager $65K
    department foreman $35K
    full time operators.. $20-25K
    first year employees $16K-18K

5. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

I made that my first year in business! $ 50,000 is a good starting salary. I have a good friend of mine that wanted to cut grass part time 3 years ago . today he is self employed full time an he did $84,000 dollars profit this year just mowing grass! So its all about you but for a go getter $ 50,000 is a low number!! Thanks George

6. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

To make 84,000 I would think he would have to be grossing at least 250k. I would think the 50k number would be about right... plus it depends on how you are set-up w/ taxes. The salary is the part social security(15%) really wacks you, so I would think you want to keep that number low and let the business realize the real profits.

7. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

about time ive seen someone else on this forum who actually makes money cutting grass 84k off grass cutting is what everyone should be doing

i would never cut a lawn if was making 50k a year as an adult... no offense to anyone its hard work and not worth it in my eyes id rather drive an 18 wheeler or work in a warehouse ... LCO owners are owning huge close to million dollar houses and driving luxury vehicles on long island... lowballers make 50k a year with there eyes shut. Our cost of living is disgusting though compared to most

8. baddboygeorge

baddboygeorge LawnSite Bronze Member

ya dont have to work hard its all about playing the game smart! keep that in mind !! see ya george

9. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Well I am sure the number would be different where you are from b/c of the cost of living. Your 700k house would only be worth 150k down here. So a net 50k would not be a bad living. And it all depends on what your accountant rights off and how you are set up as a corporation or whatnot.

Oh, and it is not hard work at all, IF you know how to delegate work.

10. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

One guy mowing, and only mowing, making 84,000 net profit, I highly doubt it.