How much does a shop cost?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Lawnworks, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would like to get an approximate cost on building a metal shop... concrete floors, etc. I am thinking 80x30 or so. How big is your shop and how much did it cost to build?

2. JHLC

JHLC LawnSite Member

Check these guys out, very good pricing and quality. I had them put up a 18 X 21 with an 8' roll up door for around $3500 not including the floor. They can do just about any size you want.

http://www.carolina-carports.com/

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

An 80x30 or 40 would probably run around 20 grand to have built, by the time you poor a decent slab in there. depending on your sidewalls, door selection, windows, concrete thickness, etc., this is a ballpark figure.

4. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys must not have built anything in a while. Metal has sky rocketed, same with concrete. A slab of that size alone will be a little more then $5000 by the time you pay for the labor. We just did a 30 X 80 and were planning on doing all steel but after comparing prices it was cheaper to frame/sheet the walls and cover the whole thing in vinyl. We did do a metal roof to save on time. All together it was right at $30,000 and that was with us doing all of the work but the concrete.

5. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

Projects quickly add up

Too many variables..

Budget around $165,000 to $200,000 to get the shop you will want.

6. bnorton

bnorton LawnSite Member

I built a shop in the fall of 2005. A 40x48 3-bay garage with poured concrete walls about 3' high, wood frame covered with metal, non-finished inside only water and floor drain. Cost me about $24,000.00, I done all the work myself besides the concrete work. Hope this helps.

7. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

Guys got some pics?

8. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

What he said.....