1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much does a typical Landscape maintenance owner make?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by timmmay315, Dec 3, 2007.

1. timmmay315

timmmay315 LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how much an owner of a simple maintenance landscaping company makes a year, just mowing lawns?
  2. CFLS

CFLS LawnSite Member

not enough

TREEGUARD LawnSite Senior Member

how much do u want to make? How hard do u want to work?
  4. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

As much as his/her heart wants to make, and his/her body can take.
  5. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Do you mean before or after the bs?
  6. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

it will depend on you and how many jobs you can get and if you have the right tools for the job .. and if you do it full time or part time. so it will vary from person to person and location to location....
  7. All_Toro_4ME

All_Toro_4ME LawnSite Bronze Member

There are too many answers to your question. To start with, are you going to to do it F/T/ or P/T, type of equipment you have, primarily commercial or residential, how many accts total, high tight is the route, this will dertermine how many you can get to in a day and help determine daily income, how much are you charging for residentials, acre props etc. Answer these and we can go from there.....
  8. wski4fun

wski4fun LawnSite Senior Member

60k not including snow plowing. That's after all Business expenses. It does not include my expenses or my share of taxes on the 60K.
  9. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

so what is the amount .. you are very vag on the amount not to include this or that .......
  10. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

This year my goal was to clear $1500 per week after expenses. I usually make it, sometimes exceed it, but often fail to reach it. But I average close to that. That is pretty consistant earnings from April 1 to Dec 1. Dec 1 through March is plowing for about $1000 per storm. I end up paying a couple thousand to the IRS, but only because we max out my wife's tax witholdings from her job and file jointly. And she makes more than me.

FYI, I live in a fairly nice town with huge house lots, so the mowing prices are kinda high here.