1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

How much does Massey charge.

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by spray_man, Dec 13, 2012.

1. spray_man

spray_man LawnSite Member

Can anybody give me an idea what Massey charges per 1ksqft in my area? I'm in Brevard county "Space Coast". I know True Green at the low end. Massey is at the higher end. I'm guessing 30% to 40% over TG? Also, are they doing 6 week service? Thanks.

2. bugsNbows

bugsNbows LawnSite Member

My guess is that they are in the ballpark of $12-$14 per thousand...generally 6 X per year. It sort of depends on the sales weasel and if he's met his monthly quota. Oftentimes, $ can be "negotiated" cheaper at end of month if the sales #'s are below what's required. In other words, anything goes to get a sale.

3. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I would guess that is bugsnbow is pretty accurate if they are similar to our area which is not too far away (Seminole). I would guess the most expensive in your area would be Heron in the $16 to $20 a K arena .

4. spray_man

Thanks guys. That gives me a little more confidence with estimates.

5. Cowgirl

Cowgirl LawnSite Member

Massey charges $17 per 1000 sqft for smaller lawns with a minimum of $45.
    They go down as low as $13 for very large lawns.
    They like to do a bi-monthly program or a monthly program for full landscape. One month lawn..next month shrubs

Hope that helps :usflag:

6. spray_man

Thank you Cowgirl