1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

How much does your ZTR weigh?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Killswitch, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Killswitch

Killswitch LawnSite Senior Member

I have a JD 757 that the Specs say weighs 1300 lbs.

But. I have three weight bars on the front that are stock and must weigh 100 lbs. Caps on the casters that must weigh 20 apiece, and of course the roll bar deal.

Im not sure but the bars and the caps might be add ons because I have the bagger system for fall use.

Figuring that......does the 1300 lbs include the roll bar which has to weigh 100 lbs?

Im takin the roll bar off....the weights off and trying to lighten this machine up.
  2. twj721

twj721 LawnSite Senior Member

the specs on my Scag Saber Tooth says 1630 LBS or there about think my Turf Tiger 1300 lbs
  3. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Usually the weight of the machine from the factory is a dry weight, no fuel, oil or operator. The stock weight includes safety features such as the ROPS(bar), but no add ons. I have the same machine with no add ons, I like it!
  4. mowtime

mowtime LawnSite Member

I also have a 737 jd, If you look under the front bar between the casters there are smaller metal weights which are factory. I have a peco vac that you use the weight kit that I think you are describing. You only need that to compensate for all the weight in a full hopper.
  5. TAZ

TAZ LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Mine XS weighs in at 1450 with the ROPS. I am asuming that is dry weight. Add 120 for fuel/oil and I am at 1570.

6. EMWEB

EMWEB LawnSite Member

With fuel, asscessories and me 1550lbs.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Our biggest Z is gotta be close to 2K.